2 Peter 3:1-2 …I am writing to you [to] stir up your sincere mind by way of reminder, that you should remember the words spoken beforehand … and the commandment of the Lord and Savior ...
I just wanted to talk more about our good Father because it’s such an encouragement to me, and I think all of us could probably use the reminders of His goodness. I want us all on solid ground. I don’t want to be moved by anything other than the compelling love of Christ! These are video lessons, all captioned, but they are also in book form and on the site as a pdf. Those links are in lesson 1.
*My husband watches all of these. All my teachings have his permission to be shared. Please take the teachings as a whole. I don’t prescribe to any particular doctrinal or denominational positional label; I am a member of the body of Christ only.
- Romans 5:8-10 (includes a little intro to the new series)
- abide, free from sin, crucified self
- It mentions the miracle stories and the Good Morning, Lord lessons. I’ll link those here if you don’t know them.
- I had wanted to just give encouraging messages to build faith in our good Father, but I keep getting lots of lessons to share about sin and salvation. I have been saving most of those separate. For now, you can find those here. We have a holy God and we are called to be holy.
- These lessons are all captioned videos. If you want to read them, here they are in pdf form, or they can be bought as a book.
- Isaiah 43:2
- unbound, blessing of trials, baptism
- Psalms 18:19b
- know God’s love
- Matthew 14:19-20
- God’s supply is endless, so we can serve freely and still live in His super abundance.
- Isaiah 30:15
- Our salvation is in rest.
- Exodus 14:14 “I will fight for you, you need only to be still.” We just have to be still or silent and watch Him accomplish our salvation.
- Colossians 4:7-8
- Be faithful servant of the Lord. You don’t know the impact of your ministry.
- Genesis 9:13-15
- Why do we share the gospel?
- Referring to all being God’s children…I was thinking of Acts 17:28-29 and our all being created in His likeness as a seed produces after its own kind.
- Isaiah 37:14-21
- Prayer should be our first instinct.
- Isaiah 43:19
- God gives life in the desert. He is the Way through.
- Ephesians 5:29-30
- I mention Divine Health because while I definitely see in the Bible that God’s general will is our health and healing, I didn’t have a firm footing on living in health. I was able to trust God through 2020-2021 without any work on my part to protect myself or my family and we didn’t get sick. That was based more on just knowing God is good and loving and able and sovereign, just knowing and trusting Him with our lives. I was excited to see something that stuck out new to me as a way to think of being kept in health by Christ since we are flesh of His flesh and bone of His bone. He nourishes and cares for His body of flesh and bone – that’s us!
- Galatians 2:20
- We live by the perfect faith of Jesus.
- 1 John 4:16
- God is love.
- Psalm 23:1
- I have all I need.
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
- God is our comforter. We can trust Him to keep us.
- 1 Peter 5:6-10
- Humility is the posture of suffering.
- Isaiah 30:18
- God waits to deliver us because He’s gracious.
- At the bottom of this page are a group of lessons I labeled as Sin and Salvation Lessons. If you were to sum up my teaching, the message the Lord has given me to proclaim, it’s this: God is good; sin is bad. I wanted to just talk about His goodness, but I keep ending up talking about sin. Of course, our God’s goodness is there too. He has set us free from sin! And I want you to know it. He wants you to know it too!
- You can jump to those lessons if you know you are stuck in some sin and have been wondering if it’s okay or not. God wants to set you free! I was separating out those lessons, but I know some of these regular lessons will be on the same type of things because it’s what the Lord and I are talking about now. I’m getting ready to publish a book called Sin is Bad.
- Good News for the Christian
- We can’t save ourselves!
- 2 Chronicles 5:10
- Let’s love God and His commandments.
- 1 John 5:18
- Jesus Himself keeps us from sin.
- He gives you the desire and the power to do His will.
- John 11:5-7
- Jesus waits because He loves us.
- John 5:8
- Pick up your mat and walk. Carry your testimony wherever you go.
- Romans 5:5
- Direct His perfect love toward God and others.
- Deuteronomy 6:5
- Heaven is populated with people who have chosen to love God, who have made Him most important.
- Ephesians 5:1-2
- Freely love, freely forgive — be a sweet-smelling aroma
- Romans 8:5-8
- Living in the flesh is death
- John 6:18-21
- Does God want us to work or to rest?
- Isaiah 3:10
- It will go well for you!
- Luke 10:42
- We just need to know Him!
- Jeremiah 29:13
- Seek Him!
- Deuteronomy 17:19
- Keep His commandments before you.
- 2 Samuel 6:14
- Old Testament Example of David
- John 14:15
- “Keep” the commandments.
- Hosea 6:6
- God desires mercy not sacrifice.
- John 7:23
- Obedience is about love.
- John 8:31-32
- Remain in His word
- Philippians 1:15-18
- Paul found a way to rejoice in all things and makes the decision to rejoice.
- There are more than two ancient manuscripts. There are two main groupings of manuscripts. It’s complicated. What I say is a simplified explanation.
- Romans 7:22-23
- We are set free from the shackles of sin.
- This is a person desiring to live out God’s law. They are sincerely broken when they sin and seek repentance. They are living in a dangerous place, but God is patient! He will forgive again and again. But there is freedom to be found in Christ! We need to truly want the sin gone and to love Him alone with our whole hearts. We tend to want God to remove the desire to sin before we give up the sin. That’s not how it works. We have to choose to love Him alone. When you face the temptation, say, “I love Jesus more” and walk away rejoicing. He will be there to help. It will get easier and He can absolutely take away the desire, but we make the choice. You can listen to more Sin and Salvation Lessons.
- John 3:27
- God desires everyone to be saved.
- John 3:34
- God doesn’t give the Spirit by measure.
- Lamentations 2:8
- God is good even when planning destruction.
- Lamentations 2:9
- God is good when carrying out destruction.
- John 9:22
- We don’t need to fear the thing we fear.
- 1 John 5:4-5
- We are already overcomers!
- Psalms 92:4
- The difference between David and Solomon: delight vs. duty
- Ecclesiastes 12:1
- We need to be prepared before the day of trouble.
- Hebrews 4:15
- God understands our temptations, so He can help.
- Ezekiel 43:12
- God’s temple requires absolute holiness. Belong to God alone.
- Luke 1:79
- Jesus came to bring peace.
- Psalms 56:3-4
- When I am afraid, I will trust in God.
- Psalms 23:5a
- Jesus set us free from what bound us.
- Jeremiah 26:3
- God’s desire is to bless you.
- Daniel 6:10-11
- Stop and turn to Him in prayer.
- Daniel 4:27
- Be merciful toward the poor.
- Ezekiel 11:8
- They received what they feared.
- Isaiah 14:27
- The purposes of the Lord shall stand.
- Lamentations 3:33
- God does not afflict willingly.
- Exodus 32:9-14
- We can change God’s plans with prayer.
- John 17:3
- This is eternal life that we know God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ.
- John 10:3-5
- His sheep know His voice.
- Hebrews 4:2
- The word needs to mix with faith.
- John 3:23
- God of the practical
- John 1:5
- The darkness cannot extinguish the light.
- Acts 14:17
- Joy is an evidence of God’s goodness.
- Isaiah 14:2
- We will rule over what once oppressed us.
- Isaiah 42:15-16
- God never forsakes His children.
- John 10:29
- You are in God’s hand.
- Luke 18:19
- Only God is good.
- John 21:3
- Waiting on and following Jesus is worth it.
- Psalm 103:7
- We are to know His ways.
- Haggai 2:23
- We are His signet ring.
- Matthew 5:3
- The Poor in Spirit
- Luke 10:38-42 and John 12:1-3a
- They served.
- I misspeak and say John for the Luke portion of the scripture.
- John 12:3b
- Our worship affects the whole house.
- John 12:35
- We follow the upward call of God.
- Luke 2:48-50
- God doesn’t do wrong; sometimes we just don’t understand.
- Luke 8:37
- The wrong kind of the fear of the Lord
- Malachi 3:6
- God is unchanging.
- Malachi 3:16
- Honor God with your speech.
- Joel 2:13a
- Repenting brings a change of behavior.
- Joel 2:13b
- God is good.
- 1 Corinthians 6:12
- Be only under the control of the Spirit.
- Nehemiah 8:5-6
- The posture of worship
- Amos 7:1-2
- The King’s people are taken care of.
- Jonah 4:2
- God is eager to relent from sending disaster.
- Psalm 44:3
- We don’t save ourselves by our own sword. (P.S. Jesus didn’t save Himself by His own “sword” during His temptation. Satan wants Him to wield Psalm 91.)
- Micah 3:11
- Declaring something from the Bible doesn’t make it true for you.
- John 13:3-4
- Live by humility not by rights
- 2 Corinthians 5:14
- Be compelled by love, not duty
- Amos 3:2
- The blessing and responsibility of intimacy with God
- John 17:6
- Jesus shows us the Father.
- Micah 6:8
- God requires justice, mercy, humility.
- Jonah 2:4
- Don’t run from God.
- Hebrews 13:19
- Paul believed in the power of prayer.
- I misspeak and say Philippians 2:21 instead of 1:21.
- Luke 1:75
- Serve God without fear in holiness and righteousness.
- Nehemiah 8:2
- Be a person of understanding.
- Lamentations 3:28
- Keep silent while you wait in hope.
- John 13:23
- Know yourself as the one Jesus loves.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58
- We need to work for God not ourselves.
- I misspeak and say 1 Corinthians 13 instead of 3.
- Luke 10:25-28
- We have eternal life when we love God and others.
- John 6:29
- Our lives show our belief.
- Psalm 144:15
- Be happy in the Lord.
- Malachi 2:5
- God gives us life and peace. We fear and revere.
- Hebrews 4:11a
- Work to rest.
- Hebrews 4:11b
- Believe to obey.
- Genesis 1:17-18
- The light is separated from the darkness.
- Mark 12:10-11
- Jesus is the cornerstone of our lives.
- John 12:40
- God gives people over to their hearts’ desires. He doesn’t harden people to the gospel. He draws all people to Himself.
- John 13:34-35
- Love one another
- Luke 12:25
- Worry only causes harm.
- Luke 22:25
- God is God.
- Matthew 1:19
- Don’t talk it over to yourself. Talk it over with God!
- Matthew 21:12
- Don’t make Him say it again!
- Matthew 26:34-35
- Don’t accuse Jesus of lying.
- Acts 9:31 – Strengthened with peace
- Acts 17:26-27 – Placed in just this place and time
- Genesis 26:3 – Blessed when we are in the world and not of it
- Luke 24:16 – If God is hiding Himself from you, it’s only for your good.
- Matthew 21:26 – Don’t let fear of man keep you from Jesus.
- Acts 27:22-25
- God can use natural means to supernaturally deliver you.
- Psalms 37:8
- Do not worry; it only leads to sin!
- Our fretting causes us harm.
- Genesis 3:10
- The voice of the Lord can be fearsome or comforting.
- Romans 4:25b
- Jesus is our justifier.
- Psalms 18:6-24
- When God’s hidden in darkness, it could mean He’s on His way to rescue you!
- Psalms 30:5
- God’s favor is for a lifetime.
- John 16:22
- No one can take your joy. Rejoice!
- Isaiah 55:8
- God’s ways are way better than yours.
- Genesis 2:25
- At the cross we are naked and unashamed.
- Hebrews 13:2
- Is it a test?
- John 8:7-11
- Woman caught in adultery, Go and Sin No More
- John 8:35
- A slave can’t remain in the house.
- John 6:12 (I say Matthew, but it’s John!)
- Have compassion. Don’t leave anyone behind.
- Daniel 6:20
- He served God continually.
- Luke 24:46-47
- Repentance precedes forgiveness.
- Nehemiah 9:12
- God’s light leads us.
- Psalms 46:9c
- God will get rid of the things we rely on apart from Him.
- Exodus 29:46
- God does what He does because He wants to be with us.
- Genesis 4:7
- Sin wants us to die. God wants us to live.
- Proverbs 1:28
- There are those who will seek Him and not find Him.
- Proverbs 1:33
- We find our ease by trusting in Christ, not satisfying the flesh.
- Proverbs 2:1-5
- A believer who endures must know the fear of the Lord.
- Nehemiah 9:17-21
- God will continue to show us the way, but we have to walk in it.
- Proverbs 3:3-4
- Cling to mercy and truth.
- Proverbs 3:5-6
- Lean not on your own understanding.
- Proverbs 3:7-8
- Basic principles
- Proverbs 3:9-10
- Give to the Lord and He will multiply it back.
- Proverbs 3:11-12
- Be encouraged in the midst of the struggle.
- Proverbs 3:21-24
- Wisdom is dwelling in the secret place.
- Genesis 13:8-11
- The blessing comes from God being with us.
- Genesis 25:34
- Don’t despise your birthright to go after the flesh.
- Hebrews 13:6
- The source of fear has been removed.
- Leviticus 1:13
- Submit yourself to the fire to make a pleasing aroma.
- Mark 10:21
- Jesus’ heart toward the rich young ruler was love.
- Matthew 3:2-3
- Repentance brings revival.
- Psalms 16:6
- You have a beautiful lot in life.
- Psalms 20:7
- Rely on the Lord to save you.
- Psalms 139:12
- There is no darkness in Christ.
- Romans 14:17
- The kingdom of God is righteousness, peace, and joy.
- Romans 4:20
- Glorifying God strengthens our faith.
- Luke 1:35
- Christ is formed in us in the shadow of the Almighty.
- Colossians 2:17b
- The reality is Christ.
- Isaiah 40:30-31
- I cannot fall, only fly.
- Philippians 3:18
- They are enemies of the cross I bear.
- Luke 10:41
- There is a place where the body is still, the soul quiet, and the spirit rejoicing. It’s not in getting what we think we need.
- Luke 19:1-10
- Jesus loves being found by the seeker. Jesus wants to be with His disciples.
- Mark 15:21
- Jesus walks with us and carries our burden.
- Psalms 16:8
- The human meaning of I shall not be moved
- Hebrews 7:25
- Jesus saves to the uttermost.
Sin and Salvation Lessons
These are in the order that I wrote and recorded them. Watch them in order and take them as a whole.
Romans 8:1 – Sin is death. I am quoting NKJV here. If you have a version without the second half of that verse, just keeping reading through verse 8.
1 John 1:9 – I think this verse is for those times the Lord shows us sin in our lives. It happens as the Lord is sanctifying us and doing the work of cleansing us from all unrighteousness. Sin is NEVER to be a choice we make (choosing our own desires over God). I talk about these verses again in the 1 John 1:7-11 lesson below.
Romans 10:9 – Jesus must be your lord.
Matthew 6:24 – No one can serve two masters.
Matthew 19:16-29 – Salvation is only possible with God, but He can change our hearts.
John 9:41 – We are not held accountable for sin we don’t know is sin.
1 John 1:7-10, 2:1 – God cleanses us from unrighteousness. (In the video, I says 1 John 1:7-11, but that last verse is 2:1.)
Romans 14:23 – Anything not from faith is sin.
This is a written piece, Never Again! We’re never to choose to sin.
Matthew 28:20 – He will never leave nor forsake you.
There are many more in the regular lessons. Lesson 27 is on Romans 8 and Lesson 39 is on Romans 7. I had been working on writing the book Sin Is Bad while I was working on these lessons, so I was feeling like I had a lot of lessons on the topic and at one point set them aside. Later on I just included them in the regular lessons. Anyway, be encouraged to surrender all to Christ. May He be your all in all.
- This is different from the others. This is a longer written piece on God’s absolute sovereignty and our given freewill, God Loved Pharaoh. This is the end of the course. Check out the Good Morning, Lord! lessons on the allinonehomeschool.com site. I have tons of those and continue to write and record them. I have been making annual extensive Bible lessons on a topic and other Bible lessons and books. Keep an eye out on our site. Check out the links for Lee’s Bible teachings, books, and other things.