2 Peter 3:1-2 …I am writing to you [to] stir up your sincere mind by way of reminder, that you should remember the words spoken beforehand … and the commandment of the Lord and Savior ...
I just wanted to talk more about our good Father because it’s such an encouragement to me, and I think all of us could probably use the reminders of His goodness. I want us all on solid ground. I don’t want to be moved by anything other than the compelling love of Christ!
*My husband watches all of these. All my teachings have his permission to be shared. Please take the teachings as a whole. I don’t prescribe to any particular doctrinal or denominational positional label; I am a member of the body of Christ only.
- Romans 5:8-10 (includes a little intro to the new series)
- abide, free from sin, crucified self
- It mentions the miracle stories and the Good Morning, Lord lessons. I’ll link those here if you don’t know them.
- I had wanted to just give encouraging messages to build faith in our good Father, but I keep getting lots of lessons to share about sin and salvation. I have been saving most of those separate. For now, you can find those here. We have a holy God and we are called to be holy.
- Isaiah 43:2
- unbound, blessing of trials, baptism
- Psalms 18:19b
- know God’s love
- Matthew 14:19-20
- God’s supply is endless, so we can serve freely and still live in His super abundance.
- Isaiah 30:15
- Our salvation is in rest.
- Exodus 14:14 “I will fight for you, you need only to be still.” We just have to be still or silent and watch Him accomplish our salvation.
- Colossians 4:7-8
- Be faithful servant of the Lord. You don’t know the impact of your ministry.
- Genesis 9:13-15
- Why do we share the gospel?
- Referring to all being God’s children…I was thinking of Acts 17:28-29 and our all being created in His likeness as a seed produces after its own kind.
- Isaiah 37:14-21
- Prayer should be our first instinct.
- Isaiah 43:19
- God gives life in the desert. He is the Way through.
- Ephesians 5:29-30
- I mention Divine Health because while I definitely see in the Bible that God’s general will is our health and healing, I didn’t have a firm footing on living in health. I was able to trust God through 2020-2021 without any work on my part to protect myself or my family and we didn’t get sick. That was based more on just knowing God is good and loving and able and sovereign, just knowing and trusting Him with our lives. I was excited to see something that stuck out new to me as a way to think of being kept in health by Christ since we are flesh of His flesh and bone of His bone. He nourishes and cares for His body of flesh and bone – that’s us!
- Galatians 2:20
- We live by the perfect faith of Jesus.
- 1 John 4:16
- God is love.
- Psalm 23:1
- I have all I need.
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
- God is our comforter. We can trust Him to keep us.
- 1 Peter 5:6-10
- Humility is the posture of suffering.
- Isaiah 30:18
- God waits to deliver us because He’s gracious.
- At the bottom of this page are a group of lessons I labeled as Sin and Salvation Lessons. If you were to sum up my teaching, the message the Lord has given me to proclaim, it’s this: God is good; sin is bad. I wanted to just talk about His goodness, but I keep ending up talking about sin. Of course, our God’s goodness is there too. He has set us free from sin! And I want you to know it. He wants you to know it too!
- You can jump to those lessons if you know you are stuck in some sin and have been wondering if it’s okay or not. God wants to set you free! I was separating out those lessons, but I know some of these regular lessons will be on the same type of things because it’s what the Lord and I are talking about now. I’m getting ready to publish a book called Sin is Bad.
- Good News for the Christian
- We can’t save ourselves!
- 2 Chronicles 5:10
- Let’s love God and His commandments.
- 1 John 5:18
- Jesus Himself keeps us from sin.
- He gives you the desire and the power to do His will.
- John 11:5-7
- Jesus waits because He loves us.
- John 5:8
- Pick up your mat and walk. Carry your testimony wherever you go.
- Romans 5:5
- Direct His perfect love toward God and others.
- Deuteronomy 6:5
- Heaven is populated with people who have chosen to love God, who have made Him most important.
- Ephesians 5:1-2
- Freely love, freely forgive — be a sweet-smelling aroma
- Romans 8:5-8
- Living in the flesh is death
- John 6:18-21
- Does God want us to work or to rest?
- Isaiah 3:10
- It will go well for you!
- Luke 10:42
- We just need to know Him!
- Jeremiah 29:13
- Seek Him!
- Deuteronomy 17:19
- Keep His commandments before you.
- 2 Samuel 6:14
- Old Testament Example of David
- John 14:15
- “Keep” the commandments.
- Hosea 6:6
- God desires mercy not sacrifice.
- John 7:23
- Obedience is about love.
- John 8:31-32
- Remain in His word
- Philippians 1:15-18
- Paul found a way to rejoice in all things and makes the decision to rejoice.
- There are more than two ancient manuscripts. There are two main groupings of manuscripts. It’s complicated. What I say is a simplified explanation.
- Romans 7:22-23
- We are set free from the shackles of sin.
- This is a person desiring to live out God’s law. They are sincerely broken when they sin and seek repentance. They are living in a dangerous place, but God is patient! He will forgive again and again. But there is freedom to be found in Christ! We need to truly want the sin gone and to love Him alone with our whole hearts. We tend to want God to remove the desire to sin away before we give up the sin. That’s not how it works. We have to choose to love Him alone. When you face the temptation, say, “I love Jesus more” and walk away rejoicing. He will be there to help. It will get easier and He can absolutely take away the desire, but we make the choice.
- John 3:27
- God desires everyone to be saved.
- John 3:34
- God doesn’t give the Spirit by measure.
- Lamentations 2:8
- God is good even when planning destruction.
- Lamentations 2:9
- God is good when carrying out destruction.
- John 9:22
- We don’t need to fear the thing we fear.
- 1 John 5:4-5
- We are already overcomers!
- Psalms 92:4
- The difference between David and Solomon: delight vs. duty
- Ecclesiastes 12:1
- We need to be prepared before the day of trouble.
- Hebrews 4:16
- God understands our temptations, so He can help.
- Ezekiel 43:12
- God’s temple requires absolute holiness. Belong to God alone.
- Luke 1:79
- Jesus came to bring peace.
- Psalms 56:3-4
- When I am afraid, I will trust in God.
- Psalms 23:5a
- Jesus set us free from bound us.
- Jeremiah 26:3
- God’s desire is to bless you.
- Daniel 6:10-11
- Stop and turn to Him in prayer.
- Daniel 4:27
- Be merciful toward the poor.
Lessons waiting on links
- Ezekiel 11:8 They received what they feared.
- Isaiah 14:27 The purposes of the Lord shall stand.
- Lamentations 3:33 God does not afflict willingly.
- Exodus 32:9-14 We can change God’s plans with prayer.
- John 17:3 This is eternal life that we know God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ.
- John 10:3-5 His sheep know His voice.
- Hebrews 4:2 The word needs to mix with faith.
- John 3:23 God of the practical
- John 1:5 The darkness cannot extinguish the light.
- Acts 14:17 Joy is an evidence of God’s goodness.
- I am working to add more lessons to this, trying to add five each week.
- There are more lessons on the page. Click here to go to the Sin and Salvation lessons. New ones are added to the end of the list.
Sin and Salvation Lessons
These are in the order that I wrote and recorded them. Watch them in order and take them as a whole.
Romans 8:1 – Sin is death. I am quoting NKJV here. If you have a version without the second half of that verse, just keeping reading through verse 8.
1 John 1:9 – I think this verse is for those times the Lord shows us sin in our lives. It happens when we first come to the cross for forgiveness, but also at other times as the Lord is sanctifying us and doing the work of cleansing us from all unrighteousness. Sin is NEVER to be a choice we make (choosing our own desires over God). I talk about these verses again in the 1 John 1:7-11 lesson below.
Romans 10:9 – Jesus must be your lord
Matthew 6:24 – No one can serve two masters.
Matthew 19:16-29 – Salvation is only possible with God, but He can change our hearts.
John 9:41 – We are not held accountable for sin we don’t know is sin.
1 John 1:7-11 – God cleanses us from unrighteousness.
Romans 14:23 – Anything not from faith is sin.
This is a written piece, Never Again! We’re never to choose to sin.
Matthew 28:20 – He will never leave nor forsake you.
There are probably several more in the regular lessons. Lesson 27 is on Romans 8 and Lesson 39 is on Romans 7.