Learn to Read with EP Now Available!

Updated: Our most recent edition is the second edition It is EP’s Learn to Read course and has the updated names and language now found in the online course.

This book has all of the reading lessons from Getting Ready 1 and Getting Ready 2 (which have been combined on the site onto the page named “Learn to Read.”)

For the sight words, I wrote them in large font. To teach my kids I covered up the words with a large index card to help focus attention on the word I was introducing and practicing. I would say the word and then have my child say the word. I would ask what the word was. After I showed my kid all the words, I would show a word to see if it was remembered. In only takes a few minutes, a few times a day. It works just like on the site. Review the words a few times during the day (I suggest breakfast, lunch and dinner) and then have your child read the lesson to you.

IMG_3773
Every single lesson has its image from the book included.

After the Primer, McGuffey’s First Eclectic Reader is included. Again, all images are included. On the site there are no longer sight words. In this portion, I typed out the new words for each section to make them easier to show your child since they don’t have all the phonetic markings on them.

IMG_3775
McGuffy’s First Eclectic Reader: includes new words, story and original image for each lesson.

Finally, there are over 100 phonics lessons from the site. Since I was working so closely with them, I was able to make some edits which will begin appearing in the course on Easy Peasy’s site. These are the pdf phonics lessons from Learn to Read (Getting Ready 2).

IMG_3777
Over 100 phonics lessons are included.

Book Stats:

Size: 8.5 by 11 inches

Length: 305 pages

Color: black and white

Font: differs, mostly Times New Roman, size 16-28, depending on where in the book

Ready to buy?

25 thoughts on “Learn to Read with EP Now Available!

1. Rosalie November 3, 2014 / 6:17 pm

Thank you! I will order today!

2. lvscholer November 3, 2014 / 11:06 pm

I do it (but i wish there were more games).

3. Ja'Nette Spencer November 6, 2014 / 6:00 pm

looks great, can’t wait to order!

4. julie stricklin November 6, 2014 / 11:55 pm

Please let me know how I can get this book for free. I am a homeschooling parent & I am low on income right now.

5. Charline November 17, 2014 / 10:13 pm

About how long does shipping take from createspace? I Ordered my book last Monday?

6. Christina January 21, 2015 / 8:38 pm

Does this book include the McGuffey primer too? My daughter is on lesson 209 with the Primer.

7. Alayah March 1, 2015 / 6:20 pm

Hello, wanted to know if the Learn to Read was still available?
    Thanks!

8. chastity March 6, 2015 / 5:12 pm

a friend of mine has this book and was going to give it to me to use..is the book you use in your lessons different or a different edition. I want to make sure I can use it or do I have to buy your book because of the way the lesson is laid out?

• chastity March 6, 2015 / 9:19 pm

Sorry the “book” Im refering to is the actual reading book that they read out..hope that makes sense?

• Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool March 6, 2015 / 9:45 pm

It depends on what level book some of the readers have more readings the online course, you do not need to buy the book, you can use the book your friend gave you too.

9. kendra September 9, 2015 / 7:47 pm

i have not ordered this yet but i will i do wanna say thanks for making this site, before i couldnt seem to get my 4 year old excited about learning she just didnt seem to care, but now that i have taken my 8 year old out and now homeschooling her she now wants to learn, this stuff is so simple and easy, i have tried other things before nothing worked, we are finishing up A’s a’s andi can say out of no where she knows the difference between uppercase and lowercase i just about cried i think i was more excited but she was tickled too, thanks so much

10. Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool December 1, 2015 / 5:08 pm

You’re mistaken! It’s a complete book. Don’t worry. And it is all on our site for free as well. You have all of the reading from Getting Ready 1 and 2 in one book. My email address it there as well. I just write it that way to work at keeping out spam.

11. Dana December 18, 2015 / 9:52 pm

Are the little stories at the end of the phonics lessons included in this book? i.e. The Swan

12. Terra July 13, 2017 / 4:01 am

Are these still available for purchase?