Black History Month

Game: Match the faces to the historic events. There are several levels to play.

Scientists: Learn about African Americans in science.

Books: List of books to look for in the library. Interviews with authors that you can watch online. There are links to poetry as well.

News: Articles and videos from Scholastic for Kids looking back at the Civil Rights movement and other influencers in the African American community.

News: Time for Kids – There are “looks back” but there are also current news articles.

Explore: Scroll down and click to see the collection at the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture.

Brain Pop: There are six free topics which include videos and quizzes.

28 Unknown Facts: a video by kids

Two escape from slavery games: You might have played these in the curriculum. PBS  Mission US

7 thoughts on “Black History Month

1. Julie Keefe February 5, 2017 / 1:54 pm

Thank you for this! I knew you’d have something great!

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. (‭Philippians‬ ‭3‬:‭12‬ ESV)

2. Grace Barrera February 5, 2017 / 9:48 pm

Best home school !! Love this

3. Rachel February 5, 2017 / 10:00 pm

Thank you!! I really appreciate the diversity in your program!

4. Kia February 6, 2017 / 2:00 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with the previous comments! Your efforts in this curriculum to help us educate our children on the beautiful diversity that God created is terrific. We can teach them to respect the small ways that we’re different in order to celebrate the bigger ways that we’re alike. Thank you!

5. AC February 6, 2017 / 5:29 pm

Wow!!
    Thank u very much- your Website is a gift from our Dad

6. Renee Pearson February 8, 2017 / 6:36 pm

Thank you! This is a great list of activities to include for Black History Month. I truly appreciate the diversity in your curriculum and making all feel welcome. I also appreciate your desire to have the users of your curriculum include this history.

Thank you!!