Lee’s Life Update

I have always been vague about where we lived overseas and what our family did. I still don’t want to put too much online, but I do want to share what’s going on with my family right now as things are kind of topsy-turvy for us.

Until this summer my family had been living in southeast Turkey near the Syrian border. I’ve actually seen ISIS members. They recruited in our neighborhood. Our city faced the brunt of the influx of refugees from Syria to the point where now a quarter of the city is refugees. We ended up being support to a school for Syrian refugees and my husband discipled Syrian, Afghan, and Iranian pastors leading fellowships in the city.

This spring we found out that our residence permits were not going to be renewed to continue living anywhere in that region of Turkey. As we had felt called specifically to that city and not to Turkey in general, we didn’t feel right just choosing another city in Turkey to live in. We sought the Lord as a family and two weeks later found ourselves moving to eastern Germany, really east, like a stone’s throw from Poland, or as they say here, a cat’s leap.

We moved in with a family who had been strangers before we arrived. We were at their home for six weeks until we moved into our apartment just this August. Yes, we just moved in. When we went to apply for our residence permit in Germany, we were met with a letter saying our application would be denied unless we enrolled our children in school. They had been told by a German friend of ours that we would be homeschooling. (He had been trying to be helpful.) The Lord has not changed our minds on homeschooling, and so we began speaking with this official and that official and sending letters, etc. In the end we were not given permission to homeschool, and we have to leave. We’ve only been in our apartment for less than a month. This weekend my husband will leave with my two oldest to find our next home, and I will be traveling by plane a week later with the youngest four children.

Where are we going? We are headed to Macedonia. It’s the first foreign country the Lord brought us to years ago. We were there for 6 years, living and working among the Roma, better known as Gypsies. I love Macedonia, and I have not been for a visit since 2008. We are allowed to stay three months there without a visa before we either need to get permission to live there or get out.

We do plan on coming back to Germany in three months (we can re-enter after being out 90 days) and will keep doing the work we’ve begun here and we’ll see what comes of it. We have friends here who will continue to seek an exemption for us to homeschool. We don’t know what God’s plan is for all of this.

Please be praying for me and my family through all the transition. I love being home, so it’s hard for me to not have a place to settle into.

149 thoughts on “Lee’s Life Update

1. Michele August 31, 2015 / 1:12 pm

Thank you so much for sharing with us what has been going on in your lives so that we may better pray for all of you. I have prayed often for you and your family but will do so now more in earnest. We never face a difficulty where God is not involved and has a plan to do His work. Your testimony is an encouragement to so many and your dedication to this curriculum and helping people around the world be able to homeschool their children has benefit beyond what you can imagine. Thank you for your sacrifice for us and for the Kingdom of God. Praying for you! ~ Psalm 37:3-6

2. Angela Horton August 31, 2015 / 1:20 pm

Thank you for sharing your story. We will be praying for you. I am so thankful for your curriculum as we do not have a lot of money for schooling and it has been a wonderful blessing to our family. I am learning so much as well.

3. Stefanie Brown August 31, 2015 / 5:08 pm

Lee,
    May the peace, joy and love of God continue to surround you and your family’s destiny. We will continue to pray for God’s favor and grace as this trial is resolved. Thank you so much for your awesome, effective and proficient resources. They have been of MAJOR help as we begin our first year of homeschooling. Be Blessed!

4. Angie August 31, 2015 / 8:42 pm

My family and I are moving to Berlin, Germany next summer and having to enroll our children in the public school there. We are using your curriculum this year for the first time. Thank you for creating something something free and assessable for people. God bless you and bring you to the next place to call home as you seek Him.

5. D M September 1, 2015 / 4:29 am

You are appreciated…and you will be prayed for often. Isis, Germany, Macedonia… much to pray over. Thank you for all of your efforts that have blessed my son. Thank you for sharing your struggles. I do see a beautiful tapestry that God is weaving in your lives…and through your lives…but I know it isn’t easy.

6. Wendy Mak September 1, 2015 / 4:41 am

Thank you for sharing with us your latest status and the comprehensive homeschooling materials. I will pray for you and your family. May God’s face shine upon you!

7. caributler2012 September 1, 2015 / 4:17 pm

Wow, your story is encouraging to those of us who struggle to homeschool in accepting conditions. I pray the Lord will bless you and guide you on your journey.Keep fighting the good fight!

8. JP Dunbar September 1, 2015 / 4:25 pm

Lee thank you for sharing with us the temporary road blocks that you and your family are currently faced with. The amazing thing though is that through it all our God is faithful and MIGHTY! I am interceding for His favor in all things concerning you. Let me also thank you. I am so grateful to have found your homeschool resources. As a single mom and black woman I am able to give my son something that is not common among black families – a Christian Homeschool education. May you receive God’s best blessings soon!

9. KD September 3, 2015 / 8:07 pm

Lee,

Thank you for sharing your story and also for sharing this amazing curriculum. May you all be richly blessed in your journey and please keep us updated as time and resources permit.

10. Missy Cuneo September 4, 2015 / 5:57 pm

Hello there, I was just handed your website address by one of my Christian sisters to help keep my 5 year old busy while I work with our 7 year old who needs one on one. I’ve just read your recent message about what you all are going through, and you know this is how God works! My “peasly” problem with my 5 year old is nothing compared to what your family is going through, and yet you are providing my solution!

Thank you for doing this, and we are going to pray as a family and a church for your families situation. God has a plan, and he is in control. I praise him for your faithfulness!!

11. 2dksijabat September 5, 2015 / 8:53 am

thanks for your sharing and we will pray for you n your family

Regards from us in indonesia

12. 2dksijabat September 5, 2015 / 8:55 am

thanks for sharing Lee, we will pray for you n your family…God Keeps

Regard from us in Indonesia

13. Jessica Bennett September 7, 2015 / 2:57 am

We have dear friends who are also missionaries in Iraq. They are helping many displaced refugees. It is a hard situation to live in, but God will continue to lead you and your family. May God continue to keep and protect your family as you serve Him!

14. Amy Mackie September 8, 2015 / 4:08 am

Our family is praying for you! We did not have a home for all last year. It was hard enough being without a home when we had family to live with, I can’t even imagine the added uncertainty that you find yourselves in. With everything in an upheaval Easy Peasy was such a blessing to us. I am praying for peace and guidance for your family! Thank you for your service.

15. Angie September 8, 2015 / 2:13 pm

Thank you and your family for doing God’s work. Your curriculum is a prayer answered and saved us from going back to public school. Your missionary work is saving souls.
    You are all warriors for Jesus.
    Thank you!! My family and I are praying for you all!!
    Love and prayers from us to you

16. carla September 8, 2015 / 2:43 pm

WOW your family has been through so much! Thankful for God’s protection and guidance! We’re praying for your family as you are faced with these transitions.

17. Danielle September 9, 2015 / 4:19 pm

Lee, God has truly been leading and guiding your family through out this whole ordeal. He is FAITHFUL and he will see you through. Prayers are going up for you and your wife and children. We have been truly blessed by your site and the helpful ideas in homeschooling our children

18. Angie Vallejo September 9, 2015 / 5:20 pm

Thank you for sharing what you are going through so that we can pray for you and your family! I have shared your updated to our homeschool group, in order that more can be praying for you during this transition.

19. Alyson September 11, 2015 / 1:25 pm

You are an inspiration. Not much more I can add to that. Is 42:16 has promises I cling to. Powerful. Hugs from an unknown sister this side of Eternity.

20. mdyer321 September 12, 2015 / 2:00 pm

We are praying for you, I feel for what your going through… really as if it were us. Stay strong and the Lord will prevail, he always done. You all are a huge blessing and it’s amazing you get to travel at the same time but I’m sure it has its days. Keep your heart on the Lord and the things of the world will grow dim. God is fighting the good fight for you, God bless you all and you have our support through prayer and petition! Amen 🙂

21. Sue September 14, 2015 / 9:33 am

Lee…….thank you for being so ‘selfless’.For giving everything to the Lord and in turn blessing all of us. Keep strong . I have a word of encouragement for you. Isaiah 43:1-4…….possibly till 8. Please pray and ask the Lord to confirm. Just in case you haven’t a bible to hand here’s part of it:- 2 When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
    And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.

When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched.
    Nor will the flame burn you.
    For I am the Lord your God,
    The Holy One of Israel, your Saviour:
    I have given Egypt as your ransom,
    Cush and Seba in your place.

Since you are precious in My sight,
    since you are honoured and I love you.

please be encouraged. I was thinking about you and the above scripture came to mind. It’s scripture the Lord gave me when my heart was heavy. He confirmed it to me again and again because at the time I wasn’t in the right place to except it. He actually arranged for us all to go to a Christian camp and there the Pastor said that the Lord had given him the above word along time ago and had reminded him of it that day.They actually sang the words…..it was then that I accepted the words from the Lord……… I’m sure He has everything organised for you, although you might not be able to see it yet……stay strong and remember that He is always Faithful…….We will pray for the Lords protection over you.

Many blessing

22. CarisM September 14, 2015 / 4:11 pm

Lee, Thank you for sharing. Sometimes I struggle with my everyday things. I found your sight quite early in your development but, my daughter wasn’t even old enough for school yet. I wanted to homeschool my now 20 yo and was unable do to circumstances. I get another chance with my now 5 yo. I kept your resource on the desktop of my computer for when I knew she would be ready. I have recommended your resource so many times to struggling parents that do not have much money. Last year I finally talked my sister (in FL) to get on your site and just look it over.her son is now going into 5th grade. She is now using EP! it really fits her lifestyle as a part-time post(wo)man. My 5yo daughter really likes the simplicity of it. She is just about done with GR2 and really wants to get into the 1st level “red book” as he calls it. We have been SO blessed by all that you have passed on to us and to all those that help you support the program and update the different links. My husband really likes the flexibility of this program too! Thank you and you are in our thoughts every night when we pray for our extended family.

23. towerofshelly September 14, 2015 / 7:48 pm

My goodness. You and your family are just amazing. May God’s love and peace continue to sustain and guide you.

24. Ria September 18, 2015 / 2:32 pm

I appreciate your site as well as you sharing your story, I believe everything will fall into place for you, everything has its purpose… And this journey is another example of that. Stay positive and never lose faith, take care!

25. edditablog September 22, 2015 / 1:49 pm

Wow! Praying for you and your family.
    Thanks so much for your curriculum.

26. Lisa September 24, 2015 / 1:12 am

Do you know how I can get the links to open on my kindle? A friend just told me about your site and we are so excited to start working with it! What great detail and directions you have. I can not wait to utilize every part in my little boy’s education. Thank you so much! Good bless you 🙂

27. Bama October 1, 2015 / 3:10 pm

Praying for you and your family. BLESS YOU

28. Carla October 2, 2015 / 2:05 pm

Thank you for sharing with us, I will be praying for you daily!!

29. A eddy October 5, 2015 / 7:11 pm

We will be praying for you. Thanks for sharing. What a journey your family has been on!

30. Suzanne Cook October 7, 2015 / 2:06 am

Germany, unfortunately, has a terrible record with homeschoolers. I know a family who left Germany as refugees because of fines, threat of imprisonment and threat of removing children from the home if they continues to homeschool. Thankfully, they were granted asylum here in the US after a long battle in the courts represented by HSLDA. I would be very cautious taking my children there. I will pray God gives continues wisdom and keeps you safe.

31. Audrey October 8, 2015 / 1:52 pm

Thank you for sharing your faith and work that you and your family are accomplishing for the Lord. My family is praying daily and when the Lord brings you and yours to our hearts for God to move these obstacles and make a way. Jesus is so good at making a way when there seems to be no way. I would love to read your book if you ever find the time to write one. God’s blessings upon you all . Traveling Mercies.

32. marnimacaroni October 19, 2015 / 4:25 pm

thank you for telling us about that, very inspirational

33. Cecilia December 2, 2015 / 4:23 am

Dear, my family and I we will be praying for you and your family. God will provide and help you in all that you and your family will do. God is faithful. Thank you so very much for all that you do in these website EP, we have been so bless with this curriculum. Praise God for you and your family

34. Robin January 3, 2016 / 4:56 pm

Prayers for your family. God will wrap his arms of safety around you all. Many blessings.

35. Rosetta Davis April 28, 2017 / 10:43 pm

Sis Lee, I’m in agreement with Deanna above for God’s tender mercies upon you and your family during this trial. Here is the ministry, I’d like to share with you to help keep and comfort your family during this time. It’s 24 hrs 7 days a week and has by this time I pray reached into every nation. May God be with you and thank you for this website that He led you to compose for us. It truly has been a blessing to me. Maranatha http://overcomerministry.org/