Get rid of Ads with AdBlock Plus, a free program that will block all those side bar and pop up ads.
A recent Chrome and Safari update has disabled flash and you need to re-enable it in settings. This might manifest as an unplayable video/game or a downloaded .swf file that says it will harm your computer. Here are the steps to re-enable flash in Safari.
To re-enable Flash in Chrome:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Content settings.
- Click Flash.
- Turn on Allow sites to run Flash.
- Turn off Ask first.
If you are on a tablet, you will need a flash-enabled browser (Puffin and Photon are two of the most commonly used for Ipad) to run any flash links.
These three free programs are used in many activities used in the EP program. Make sure you have them installed and enabled on your computer. You will need to restart your computer after some installations. Read below for more specific issues with using Java program.
If you are using a copy of the course, a pdf, or Evernote for example, please check on the site to see if there is a new link already in place.
Before reporting a broken link from a tablet, please try it on the computer to be sure it is the link and not a compatibility issue.
Try a different browser such as Firefox or Chrome if a page isn’t loading.
If the page loads but not the activity, check your system (above).
You can also try this website to see if a link is down for everyone or if it’s just you. downforeveryoneorjustme.com
Sometimes when a site is down it may just be down temporarily. Some sites you can find an older cached version by typing the URL here: archive.org
Some links on Easy Peasy require the use of Java. Recent updates have auto-set the security settings to block out many web pages. Here are some troubleshooting steps:
1. Make sure you have java installed: https://www.java.com/en/download/
2. Be sure you have “allowed” java to run on the page.
3. Go into your control panel and click on programs and then java. Change the security settings to medium.
4. Make sure Java and Java toolkit are enabled on your browsers settings.
5. Be sure to restart your computer after making any changes and try the link again.