Support EP Families

LIFE UPDATE: Our family has been living with my parents in my childhood home in Pennsylvania since we returned to the States in 2016. We applied this summer to Habitat for Humanity and have been accepted into their program. In 2019 we’ll have a new home in Gloucester County, New Jersey. They don’t give you a home, but since the labor is all volunteer, it’s a reduced-cost house. Over the next year we’ll be helping to build it. We have a son that uses a wheelchair and walker, so our new home is going to be all one level and have wheelchair ramps and everything. Right now we live on three floors, so that alone will be a big deal for our family.

My husband went back to school this summer. He’s working on his master’s in teaching English as a second language. He is going to school debt free which means a lot of budgeting is going on here, but the school raised the prices after just the first semester and left our budget busted. In praying over how to earn more money, I was inspired with the idea I’m going to share with you now. It’s a win, win, win kind of thing.

I have never put ads on the site because I never wanted to dangle something in front of you that said, “Your child would have a better education if only you could afford this.”

Most of you know one of EP’s core values is IT IS ENOUGH. I never want you to feel like you should be doing more than what you’ve decided is right for your family right now.

I was inspired with an idea for a way to use ads to not only help out my family but to help many other EP families as well.

I’ve created a page for ads on the site. There will be no ads in your face. You have to click on SUPPORT EP FAMILIES at the top of the menu to get there and see them. It’s a place for EP families to advertise their businesses, books, blogs, etc. For now, my only limitation is that I won’t place ads for other homeschool/educational materials. (If people are trying to advertise things that are against my personal values, I might end up putting limitations on those as well.)

I don’t know if you realize how high traffic EP is. I could actually be asking $1000 a month for one ad on the main page of EP. If you place an ad, I hope this will help your family business. I’m thinking there are a lot of you with Etsy shops, blogs, etc. that could use some help gaining a bigger audience to earn more for their families.

Not only does it help EP family businesses, but when you place an ad, the money will cover our free EP books. This will help even more EP families because now people will be able to request any of our books, not just the readers. I don’t know if you realize that I spend thousands a year buying readers for people, so this will be a big help. It will also really help these families who may not even have a computer or internet at home and so need to use the books. Please only request books if you really can’t use the already free curriculum and have no other way to buy the books. It’s still money that could be going to help pay for my husband’s tuition! (The request link is at the bottom of the ad page. Click on SUPPORT EP FAMILIES at the top of the menu and scroll down to find the link. Take a look at what’s helping you get these books!)

I hope you can see the heart behind this new page on the site. I’m hoping that it will be something that will be a blessing to many. The first ads will go up on October 1st. After then I hope you will visit often and support your fellow EP families!

33 thoughts on “Support EP Families

1. walkwithgodinprayer September 3, 2017 / 11:38 pm

What a wonderful idea!! I look forward to seeing all that the families have to offer.

2. cathy5282 September 4, 2017 / 12:00 am

As a work-at-home business owner who also raises and homeschools her grandchildren using Easy Peasey, I completely understand and respect what you’re doing with the ads. When you get your ad rates established, please let me know. Who knows? I may very well be your first customer. God Bless!

• Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool September 4, 2017 / 12:36 am

You can buy an ad today. Click on the Support EP Families link at the top of the menu and then click to purchase ads. The prices are there. The ads will randomly be placed on the page (within each tier) each time the page loads, so that every ad gets the same placement basically.

3. Krista September 4, 2017 / 12:33 am

How can I request the books currently I am going to the library daily because I have no computer or printer and tbat would be fine but I have 5 kids so it’s a lot almost impossible!

4. Stephanue September 4, 2017 / 12:36 am

How much are you charging EP families to advertise with you?
    I’m a stay at home mom and we do soy candles and five dollar jewelry, it helps put food on the table.

5. Kristin September 4, 2017 / 1:30 am

Great idea! I look foward to seeing what sorts of wonderful businesses other EP families have.

6. Jessica Burgess September 4, 2017 / 2:08 am

Very nice! You are an amazing person. God Bless you ❤️

7. Domoina Mihamina September 4, 2017 / 2:32 am

Praying
    Yes ads is great idea

8. Heather Proffitt September 4, 2017 / 5:34 am

Hi Lee! I wanted to see if there is any way you can help me out. I am new to homeschooling my kids as my oldest just witnessed his father (my ex husband) being hit by a car and passing away back in February. I had to pull him out of school because of his massive panic attacks and PTSD. My 3 year old wanted to start school too as he loves to be like his big brother. Most of the time we do the online work. However there are worksheets and things to be printed out and I can’t afford the ink and paper at the current time as I had to quit work and my husband is the only one working. I want to purchase the books for level 3 and getting ready 1 but it’s just not feasible currently. I was wondering if there is another way to do this? They both seem to love doing the worksheets and I love being able to have them. It’s just hard on us right now. Please let me know what I can do! And congrats on your husband and your new idea for the website! So awesome of you! And so awesome for you! God bless you all!

On Sun, Sep 3, 2017 at 7:25 PM Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool wrote:

> Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool posted: “My husband went back to school > this summer. He’s working on his master’s in teaching English as a second > language. I have a big life update announcement, but I’m going to share > that live on Facebook at 2PM EST on Thursday. After that I’ll add the > announce” >

• Crystal September 18, 2017 / 8:13 pm

If you have Internet access and can do the online work, have you considered printing what you need at the library? At all local libraries in my region, you can print 70 or so pages a week free, and that is per library card – so with a family of 6, you could print 420 pages a week.

9. Jacqueline Mukweto September 4, 2017 / 11:22 am

Thank you for your hard work and sacrifice!!!!

Jacqueline

The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

10. BRIAN BITTNER September 4, 2017 / 12:01 pm

Wow, I am so excited about the ad pages and I wish I had learned about this sooner. Also the free books, I buy them on amazon all the time, my grandson is autistic so we cannot do very much work online, we need to learn hands on. Thank you so much for all you do.

• Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool September 4, 2017 / 4:41 pm

The ad page just opened yesterday. We’ve always done free readers, but they are for people can’t afford the books and need to work offline. Now hopefully we’ll get enough revenue from the ads that we’ll be able to meet all book requests for EP and GC books, not just the readers.

11. autumnburton86 September 4, 2017 / 1:14 pm

This is a wonderful idea!!! I believe you and many others will be blessed by this. Praying for success, believing it already is!

12. pianosuzy September 4, 2017 / 2:12 pm

Creative, inspired idea! Love you, love this site, love the community around it. Most of all, love what Easy Peasy is doing for my peace of mind and the happy spirit of my kids about “doing school.” I’m a fan for life!

13. Ana Perry September 4, 2017 / 6:28 pm

this is such a great idea, why hasn’t anyone thought of it before. I’d definitely check this out. Good for you and congrats to your husband

14. Therese September 5, 2017 / 3:22 am

Congratulations to your husband! You are greatly appreciated by so many, Lee! I truly hope that people don’t take advantage of your generosity with the books. They are so inexpensive to begin with. I’m amazed by your creativity and wise ideas! May your family have a wonderful autumn!

15. Rosalie September 5, 2017 / 1:49 pm

Thank you, Lee! We do our best to be good stewards of what God has blessed us with. With this avenue, we’ll be able to help others more. God bless you and your family and congratulations to your husband!

16. Sara September 10, 2017 / 1:27 am

I recently found you guys and withdrew my oldest who is autistic from public school. I think the ads is a great idea and I’m praying for you. You are such a blessing!

17. Tracie September 12, 2017 / 4:02 pm

You are an amazing woman who has blessed many with this website! God in turn wants to bless you! You have His favor. Great ideas!

18. Susan September 13, 2017 / 6:07 pm

Thank you for blessing our family by sharing the curriculum you developed! May the Lord richly bless you and your family!

19. mesalty September 14, 2017 / 3:14 pm

I just purchased space! This is SUCH a great idea, and business owners…if you can afford it I personally feel like this is a no brainer! 🙂

• mesalty September 18, 2017 / 2:15 pm

Awesome!!! love the accessibility and thinking outside the box that comes from this idea 🙂

20. marie September 14, 2017 / 4:21 pm

If our family doesn’t have an ad to run but would still like to donate something to the cause how would we go about that?

• Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool September 14, 2017 / 5:38 pm

You can buy an add. You could put in a picture of your family. Or you could make a Bible verse image or something to post. It wouldn’t have to link to anything. You could also use the donate button and add a note to it that it’s for the book fund. Thanks for wanting to help!

21. Tami DeVine September 14, 2017 / 7:52 pm

I hope to be able to advertise here soon. You have blessed us so much. I was so panicked about starting my son with homeschool, but you really and truly made it Easy Peasy!! I can’t thank you enough. I’m in tears as I write this, because I’m just so grateful that you would sacrifice as much as you have to provide this curriculum for us. It’s made a huge difference in our lives. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

22. Jona September 14, 2017 / 9:41 pm

Thank you for all of your hard work and support. Your work has blessed my family. I am a mother of four and am blessed enough to have the opportunity to homeschool. The advertising page is a great idea. Truly a win, win, win!

23. Make it Me! September 15, 2017 / 4:12 pm

Thank you for all of the effort you put into this sight. It’s so easy for children to look up their lessons, and it doesn’t take nearly as long as a public school! Lord bless you!

24. Valerie L Stone September 20, 2017 / 1:43 pm

I cannot tell you how much of a blessing your site has been to me and my family. I tell others about it often. Prayers for your new adventures.