Skip to content
- The Lord can turn a heart wherever He wishes. The first verse of Proverbs 21 is “The king’s heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He wishes.”
- Turn my heart to You, Lord. May my heart flow toward you alone. You can let this verse encourage you as well about your loved ones you are praying for. God knows how to reach hearts and turn them to Himself.
- I know at times the Lord has directed me by directing my heart to something. I have probably told you the story of our miracle vacation in Finland. We ended up there because I had it in my heart that I wanted out of the heat of the city in August. We had lived there for years. I never prayed anything like that at all. It was on my heart that year.
- I got to lead someone to Christ because I had it in my heart to collect food and clothing and deliver it to families living in a trash dump (when we were living in Macedonia). The Lord had someone for me to meet there.
- More recently, we ended up at our current church after being “out of church” for more than two years because I had it in my heart that I wanted to go to a Christmas Eve service. I just really wanted to go, even though the last two years we had just done a family service at home. I didn’t have it in my heart those years, but that year I did.
- Set your heart on the Lord and give it over to Him. The world says follow your heart. The church says don’t follow your heart; it is deceitfully wicked. But if you belong to the Lord and your heart does too, then you can follow your heart as it is in the Lord’s hands.
- Verse two says that “Every man’s way is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the hearts.”
- Do you want to be judged by what’s in your heart? Is it deceitfully wicked or is it given over to the Lord for Him to fill with His love and to guide its channels of living water where He pleases?