When you combine sentences into stories and reports, they should flow together naturally. Here are some things to think about when writing.
Sentences should be of different lengths.
- Some should be short.
- Some should be longer, and they should include more information since there’s always more to tell.
Related, the sentences should be of different types.
- Some should tell.
- Some should ask, why?
- Some should exclaim!
Sentences should start in different ways.
- Then I…should never be used, and certainly not in every sentence!
- Sentence starters can include: after coming home, while we were there, forgetting what time it was, if you think,…
Sentences should connect with transitions.
- Try using connecting words such as however, although, unfortunately, etc.
- Think of a sentence that starts with while.
- Change this sentence into an interrogative (a question): We will miss them when they are gone.