Find each commission or sales tax, to the nearest cent.
1. total sales $9450 commission rate: 8%
2. total sales $1089 sales tax rate: 6 1/8 %
Find the total sales, to the nearest cent.
3. commission: $41.50 commission rate: 8%
4. commission: $614.25 commission rate: 6.25%
5. A model car has a list price of $46.20. The model is on
sale at 15% off. Find the total cost to the nearest cent
after a 4.5% sales tax is added to the sale price.
6. James earned $39,600 last year. He paid $11,250 towards
rent and $1,422 in car payments. What percent of his
earnings did Jon pay in rent and car payments?
7. Ms. Simms is paid an 8% commission on all sales. She
had sales of $89,400 for the month. Ms. Harris works for
a different company, and also sold $89,400 for the month but
made $447 more than Ms. Simms. What is Ms. Harris’