What about “Accreditation” (and graduation, diplomas, transcripts)?


“Accreditation is the recognition that an institution maintains standards requisite for its graduates to gain admission to other reputable institutions of higher learning or to achieve credentials for professional practice.” (US DOE)

Only schools (both brick-and-mortar and virtual) can be accredited, although there are many public and private schools that have failed the accreditation process and are not accredited. Curricula and materials are NEVER accredited. Easy Peasy is a curriculum (like a set of text books) not a school, so it is not accredited.
Homeschoolers are not required to enroll their kids in an accredited school. Easy Peasy is used by thousands of homeschool families in every state in the US and in many countries around the world. With Easy Peasy as your curriculum, YOU are the teacher and your home is the school. You track your child’s grades (if necessary) and record their work. If your state requires a 3rd party evaluation or portfolio review, you would provide that. Easy Peasy does not keep any student records and cannot provide any documents for your student or “proof” of education. To find out what your state requires, join your EP state group. https://allinonehomeschool.com/facebook-groups/

What about graduation, diploma, transcripts…?

Parents can determine graduation requirements for their children in most states. They are not required to follow their state’s public school graduation requirements. A few state’s homeschool laws include graduation requirements, so join your EP state group (https://allinonehomeschool.com/facebook-groups/) and the High School Level: Easy Peasy All-In-One Homeschool Chat Group for more info about what your state requires for graduation.
Homeschooled students are typically given diplomas signed by their homeschool teacher when they graduate. In most cases, that will be their parent. Most states do not issue or sign diplomas for homeschoolers. There are a few exceptions to that, so check your state’s homeschool laws. In some states, private schools or umbrella/cover schools are allowed to supervise homeschoolers, and they may be the one to issue the diploma.
Most colleges accept homeschoolers. In fact, many colleges have recruiters or admission counselors specifically for homeschool graduates. Typically, a homeschool graduate will need a detailed transcript and SAT or ACT scores to apply for college. Some colleges may require an affidavit or course descriptions or work samples, so make sure you keep good records in high school and contact colleges you are interested in to find out what they require from homeschool applicants.

All branches of the military accept homeschool graduates and recognize parent-issued diplomas and transcripts.

Additional information: