Skip to content
- Riches, honor, wealth, and righteousness come with wisdom. Of course, a wise person doesn’t seek after riches and wealth. They seek after wisdom. Proverbs 8 reminds us that wisdom, knowledge, and instruction are better than silver, gold, and jewels.
- Wisdom is God Himself. Wisdom is the Spirit of Wisdom, the Holy Spirit. We seek after God. When we seek Wisdom, we’re told we’ll find Wisdom.
- James says that if we lack wisdom we should ask for it. Jesus tells us that God gives the Holy Spirit to those who ask.
- There is a section in Proverbs 8 about the Holy Spirit being there when the world was created. I loved these verses. Here are verses 29 through 31.
- ‘Then I was beside him, like a master workman, and I was daily his delight, rejoicing before him always, when he assigned to the sea its limit, so that the waters might not transgress his command, when he marked out the foundations of the earth, rejoicing in his inhabited world and delighting in the children of man. ‘
- One, I love how God sets a boundary to the waters that they cannot pass over. He has the authority to tell the ocean to get in place and stay there.
- Two, I love the thought of the Holy Spirit being God’s delight and the Holy Spirit rejoicing before God the Father.
- Three, it then says that God delights in the children of man. Put those together. Think of Zephaniah 3:17 where it says God rejoices over us.
- The Holy Spirit is in us. We get to join in the love and rejoicing. With the Holy Spirit in us, we are God’s delight. He rejoices over us, and in the Spirit, we rejoice before God our Father and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.