Skip to content
- I loved the phrase from the beginning of Proverbs two, “treasure up.”
- “If you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.”
- Go after God. Go after God in His word. Ask questions. Ask Him to teach you and guide you. He gives wisdom. He gives understanding. He shields and guards and watches over the saints, those who walk in integrity.
- It will deliver you from sin and from those who want to entice you to sin. It will keep you on God’s good way, the paths of righteousness, which we know from Psalm 23 lead to our eternal dwelling with God. That’s the path we want to be on.
- Those who live godly, upright lives, following God’s commandments, walking in His ways, according to His word have wonderful promises. They will inhabit and remain in the land.
- What does that mean? The land is the land of promise, our eternal life of living in God’s presence. We will go into the land and remain in God’s presence each day and forever if we are among those who follow after Jesus.
- Go after God. Go after His word. Go after Truth.
- Don’t seek for self. Don’t seek for pleasure. Don’t seek after what you want. Don’t seek for knowledge and wisdom even. Seek after God. Seek Him and ask for His knowledge and His wisdom. He has everything you need, but don’t seek Him for what you can get. Just seek Him. Desire Him. Want Him in your life. Want His words, His thoughts, His plans, His desire for your life and each day and moment along the way.
- Set your heart on Jesus. Be someone after God’s heart.