Skip to content
- Blessed is the one who keeps faith forever. There are exhortations to continue in the faith. Hebrews 3:14 says, “For we have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original confidence firm to the end.”
- It certainly would be a blessing to keep faith forever. I’m thankful that faith is a grace gift, just like everything else. God’s gifts are irrevocable. As long as I am willing to receive His gift, it’s mine to have.
- There are more descriptions of the one who is blessed. They turn to God in hope for His help. They care for the poor, feed the hungry, help those oppressed, open blind eyes, set prisoners free, lift up the lowly.
- Does that sound like anyone?
- The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound (Is. 61:1).
- And he answered them, “Go and tell John what you have seen and heard: the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the poor have good news preached to them (Luke 7:22).
- We’re blessed when we live like Jesus. That sounds about right.
- The Lord loves the righteous. He will watch over us sojourners. As Christians we are sojourners. We are citizens of heaven, just passing through on this earth.
- The Lord reigns forever. Look to Him as your King. There is no salvation in man. Look to Jesus and be saved. He’s your help, your hope.