Skip to content
- After God created everything we needed in the universe, He created man. He formed him out of the dust of the earth, a little pottery project. We call him Adam, which means man. He was created in the image of God. He was the perfect image of God. He was in a perfect environment. He named all the animals. But none of them were right. None of them were his complementary piece. None of them were suitable for him.
- God puts Adam into a deep sleep and performs an operation. He uses a bone from Adam and creates Eve, a suitable counterpart to Adam.
- They are made perfectly so that together they can create new life with God’s blessing.
- Woman was made in the image of man, which means she also bears God’s image.
- They are perfect and perfect together. One doesn’t rule over the other. They don’t need their needs met by each other because God meets all of their needs.
- He even provides them companionship. God walks and talks in the garden with them.
- And that’s how we were created to be. We were created to be perfect, to be set apart from the rest of creation to be God’s friends. We were created to live our lives with Him, to walk and talk with Him, to always be with Him.
- Man and woman were created to be complements to each other, not to be better or less than each other, but just what the other needed.
- When people aren’t separated from God or from each other, the world is perfect and just as it should be.