Find the probability of each event. Write your answer as a fraction, decimal, and percent. Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.
- randomly choosing a white counter from a bag of 12 red counters, 12 white counters, 12 green counters, and 12 blue counters
- tossing two fair coins and having one land on tails and one land on heads
- rolling a number greater than 1 on a fair number cube
- randomly choosing an orange disk from a bag of 14 black disks, 4 blue disks and 12 orange disks
- randomly choosing 1 of the 6 R’s from a bag of 100 letter tiles
- spinning a number less than 7 on a fair spinner with 8 equal sections labeled 1–8
A set of cards has 20 cards with stars, 10 cards with squares, and 15 cards with circles. Find the probability of each event when a card is chosen at random.
- star or circle
- not circle or square
There are 14 girls and 18 boys in Ms. Wiley’s class. Ms. Wiley randomly selects one student to solve a problem. Find the probability of each event.
- selecting a boy
- selecting a girl