Pick a job for your age and get it done!
For Ages 2-5
- Pick up toys and books and put them away.
- Sort laundry.
- Get a bag or basket and collect clutter, things around the house that aren’t where they should be.
For Ages 6-8
- Wash windows.
- Dust / wipe surfaces.
- Wash baseboards.
- Clean out your closet and drawers. What fits? What’s old? Decide what should be passed on.
For Ages 9-12
- Vacuum the whole house.
- Mop the floors.
- Clean the kitchen, surfaces, cabinets, stove, oven.
- Change all the sheets.
- Wash blankets that are ready to be put away for the spring/summer.
For Ages 12 & Up
- Clean the bathrooms. Empty the trash. Wipe tub, sink, counter. Clean mirror. Can you clean/wash the shower curtain? Wipe the walls of the shower. Wipe the faucets. Clean the floor behind the toilet. :S Mop the floor.
- Wash the car. Clean it on the inside too.
- Pick up sticks in the yard. Weed. Prune. Ask if there are any special projects.