Dew point temperatures
- A glass
- a spoon
- Start with water the same temperature as the air or warmer. Can’t be cold.
- Measure and record the temperature of the air.
- Measure and record the temperature of the water.
- Add a small amount of ice to the water. Stir for one minute. Measure and record the temperature of the water. Write down the time. Observe and record the outside of the glass.
- Keep adding small amounts of ice to the bucket, stir, record the temperature and time, and observe the outside of the glass.
- Stop the experiment when you see condensation on the outside of the glass. Record the time and temperature.
Adapted from http://www.gallaudet.edu/~mssdsci/ess2/dewpt.html