Live Foreign Language Classes

If you have a child in middle school or high school, please participate in the poll below.

My husband has taught foreign languages online to homeschoolers for the past seven years as Mr. G at Currclick.com. Currclick is no longer having online classes, and my husband is looking for a new home for teaching online. We’re wondering if we can figure out a way to do it through Easy Peasy.

The idea would be to have online live classes for students using EP’s foreign language courses. Right now we just have Spanish. He would consider working with me to create new foreign language courses if there’s interest and if he has time.

Go to the Sign Up Page to get notified about upcoming classes.

My husband is a polyglot. He has taught French, Russian, and German. He’s pretty fluent in Macedonian, Turkish, and Romani. (That’s not Romanian.) He dabbles in some others. In Macedonia he could have people thinking he was a native. Once, he was questioned by the police. The police accused him of lying. He couldn’t really be American and speak Macedonian that well!

All that to say, he is new to Spanish. His degree is actually in Russian and linguistics. He wouldn’t be actually teaching the Spanish lessons. Students would still be learning from the daily lessons on the site. He would just be guiding a weekly time of practice to help get the kids speaking out loud, to get them doing dialogues together and such. He’s a very fun and engaging teacher.

We’ll give more information when things are more in place. Right now we’re trying to gauge interest. We asked through facebook, but since the language classes on EP are middle school and high school, we’d like to ask here separately. We don’t know how many people responded who had a five year old. Feel free to respond again if you have already voted. This is a separate poll for students in middle school and high school.

One other quick note, my husband is doing his MA now in teaching English as a second language, so doing that online is something he’d also be interested in. That’s why that’s on the list of possible languages.

There would be some cost to the live classes. We’re thinking of how to create a pay-what-you-are-able system so that it’s accessible to as many people as would truly want to participate in the class.

Looking forward to your response,

Lee

21 thoughts on “Live Foreign Language Classes

1. Amanda March 11, 2018 / 1:48 pm

That’s a great idea and something parents can learn with their children.

2. Elissa March 11, 2018 / 1:52 pm

We would be interested in modern hebrew.

3. Desiree Gillespie March 11, 2018 / 2:03 pm

Yes, very interested for my 6th grader and 12th grader.

4. Christina-the-Veyniac March 11, 2018 / 2:49 pm

I’m a fifth grade student using your homeschool curriculum. I’m really excited for next year when I do a foreign language.
    Good for your husband, knowing all those languages!

5. Michelle Myers March 11, 2018 / 3:44 pm

Would sign language be considered a second language in order to receive a diploma,, I have a grandson who is deaf , but has a cochlear implant, he lives with me , and I have three kids that are in middle and high school

6. Julie K. Gabbard March 11, 2018 / 4:44 pm

We would love to see foreign language classes on German!

7. Karisa March 11, 2018 / 7:24 pm

We would be interested but all depends on cost.

Thank you!

Get Outlook for Android

________________________________

8. Julie March 11, 2018 / 7:26 pm

I’ve got two children learning Spanish – 12 and 9 years but they have not gone beyond the alphabet. Also, we are in England. We would be interested. Thank you.

9. Kim Little March 11, 2018 / 8:59 pm

Yes. We would be interested. It does depend upon cost of course.

10. sarahyi77 March 11, 2018 / 9:04 pm

We are moving to Korea this summer and I may be homeschooling my upcoming 10th grader in Spanish.

So we are interested. Thanks!

On Mar 11, 2018 09:42, “Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool” wrote:

> Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool posted: “If you have a child in middle > school or high school, please participate in the poll below. My husband has > taught foreign languages online to homeschoolers for the past seven years > as Mr. G at Currclick.com. Currclick is no longer having online classes, > an” >

11. Christi Francois March 11, 2018 / 11:06 pm

I am interested. My daughter is 16, and she needs more Spanish

12. canicatco March 13, 2018 / 1:20 am

Hello, this is just foro middle and high sch.? I have 2 kids new in this homeschool Life, bueno he’s 7 and she’s 5 we’re native in spanish, I speak english but they want to learn english and french too.

13. Ife Wethington March 13, 2018 / 2:41 am

I think this would be a great opportunity for my son and I. I have been PRAYING for more help with language and Spanish is one of them. I will love help anyway I can get it. My son needs more practice speaking it out loud. He has some Dominican and Panamanian blood in him, and that side of the family mainly speaks Spanish. I appreciate this.

14. Maura March 14, 2018 / 12:05 am

We would be very interested!

15. Jules March 16, 2018 / 11:39 pm

Hello Lee,

We would be very interested in any of the foreign language classes, in particular, Latin and German. I was hoping that your husband may consider teaching elementary-aged children as well. My son will be in the 5th grade and my daughter will be in the 3rd grade next fall and I’ve been trying to have them learn languages. It was great to have language classes in our old co-op group but it was extremely expensive…way too much for a homeschooling family. If I may suggest, would you guys do a payment plan per month at 4 classes a month? Please let us know if he is willing to teach elementary-aged students! 😀

16. Heather March 21, 2018 / 4:16 pm

We have two kids using your 6th grade Spanish. We would be in interested in basic French and/or Latin. We will be doing the 7th grade Spanish next year. Thanks.

17. Dorothy Hance March 28, 2018 / 8:08 pm

Interested. Cost would be a factor. We are doing EP for a reason, most of us because it is free and meets a need.

18. Cavemomma May 2, 2018 / 8:05 pm

My children took several languages courses with Mr. G while at Currclick. He is an outstanding teacher! My daughter took 4 semesters of French with him, and wished to continue. We would be interested in any language classes Mr. G might be available to teach.