Lee’s Life Update

I have always been vague about where we lived overseas and what our family did. I still don’t want to put too much online, but I do want to share what’s going on with my family right now as things are kind of topsy-turvy for us.

Until this summer my family had been living in southeast Turkey near the Syrian border. I’ve actually seen ISIS members. They recruited in our neighborhood. Our city faced the brunt of the influx of refugees from Syria to the point where now a quarter of the city is refugees. We ended up being support to a school for Syrian refugees and my husband discipled Syrian, Afghan, and Iranian pastors leading fellowships in the city.

This spring we found out that our residence permits were not going to be renewed to continue living anywhere in that region of Turkey. As we had felt called specifically to that city and not to Turkey in general, we didn’t feel right just choosing another city in Turkey to live in. We sought the Lord as a family and two weeks later found ourselves moving to eastern Germany, really east, like a stone’s throw from Poland, or as they say here, a cat’s leap.

We moved in with a family who had been strangers before we arrived. We were at their home for six weeks until we moved into our apartment just this August. Yes, we just moved in. When we went to apply for our residence permit in Germany, we were met with a letter saying our application would be denied unless we enrolled our children in school. They had been told by a German friend of ours that we would be homeschooling. (He had been trying to be helpful.) The Lord has not changed our minds on homeschooling, and so we began speaking with this official and that official and sending letters, etc. In the end we were not given permission to homeschool, and we have to leave. We’ve only been in our apartment for less than a month. This weekend my husband will leave with my two oldest to find our next home, and I will be traveling by plane a week later with the youngest four children.

Where are we going? We are headed to Macedonia. It’s the first foreign country the Lord brought us to years ago. We were there for 6 years, living and working among the Roma, better known as Gypsies. I love Macedonia, and I have not been for a visit since 2008. We are allowed to stay three months there without a visa before we either need to get permission to live there or get out.

We do plan on coming back to Germany in three months (we can re-enter after being out 90 days) and will keep doing the work we’ve begun here and we’ll see what comes of it. We have friends here who will continue to seek an exemption for us to homeschool. We don’t know what God’s plan is for all of this.

Please be praying for me and my family through all the transition. I love being home, so it’s hard for me to not have a place to settle into.

149 thoughts on “Lee’s Life Update

1. beadmoms August 24, 2015 / 6:11 pm

We are so grateful to know your family, if only virtually. Grateful for the ministry you do in the world and through your blog. Praying for you! The Clark family.

2. Sharon johnson August 24, 2015 / 6:34 pm

Thank you for sharing. I am new to EP and my whole family loves it. We will have number 6 join us end of December :), we in ministry here in the states. So happy to meet you and your family through this post. I will be definitely praying for you all. And knowing that the Lord will use our donations to your ministry to further the gospel is so wonderful to know. Makes me love EP even more 🙂

3. Deanna Boehmer August 24, 2015 / 6:36 pm

Thank you for sharing your life & prayer request with us. I’m in agreement with Jeremiah 29:11 for your lives. God has a purpose & a plan for each of your lives. I’m also praying that you & your husband are Spirit-led in all situations that peace is the referee in your hearts. I’m praying that God’s protection be over each of you in every second of every day.
    I’ve personally found that taking communion as a family will strengthen you & help settle in your hearts that God’s promises are yes & amen. His faithfulness endures & His love never fails!
    God bless you & your family throughout this journey & be of good cheer! If God is for you who can be against you?! Hallelujah!

4. Mylinda August 24, 2015 / 7:21 pm

God keep you and your family. One thing I know is God is not dead. He is alive and will continue to put favor in you life. God bless and keep you safe.

5. Linda herring August 24, 2015 / 7:41 pm

We will praying for you all, thank you for sharing.

6. Heidi August 24, 2015 / 8:18 pm

Praying!! Thank you for sharing!

7. Sarah Tarr August 24, 2015 / 8:21 pm

We will definitely be praying for all of your family during this transitional period. God is always aware of what is happening to His children, and he will not fail to direct your steps.

8. cathey cook August 24, 2015 / 10:40 pm

I will pray for you and your family!

9. Kim August 24, 2015 / 11:08 pm

Thank you so much for sharing! It’s refreshing to hear real life challenges wrapped in faith and hope. I’ll pray for God’s favor with the homeschooling in Germany and how amazing when it comes through how many other families will be blessed because of it. ❤️ From your sister in Christ.

10. Doug & Crysti Sullins August 24, 2015 / 11:18 pm

We love you with the love of the Lord. Can we post this email on Facebook for prayer support? We are praying for you and your family and your circumstances.

11. Nicole James August 24, 2015 / 11:39 pm

Praying for you and your family, Lee. The King will make a way!😊
    Sending Love,
    Nicole

12. Stephanie August 24, 2015 / 11:47 pm

My whole family will be praying for your family. Every day when we open our Genesis curriculum book we will be praying!

13. Jessica August 24, 2015 / 11:57 pm

That’s amazing! I will pray for you all.

14. Aubrey August 25, 2015 / 12:50 am

Wow. That is a huge mountain that we will pray for Gods Favor and His divine intervention over it all. We will pray for safety, clarity and direction under the umbrella of Gods Will. Thank you for sharing with us.

• Kim August 25, 2015 / 6:26 am

Thank you sweet momma for sharing and for allowing us to cover your family in prayer.

15. Belinda August 25, 2015 / 12:54 am

Praying for favor, wisdom, & safety!

16. Nicholas Hostetter August 25, 2015 / 12:57 am

Lord have mercy on you and your family.

17. Ana August 25, 2015 / 2:31 am

My prayers that God answers your prayers. Praying that your family is able to homeschool without conflict. Prayers for all the struggles your family is facing. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

18. Jean August 25, 2015 / 2:44 am

The Lord will fight your battles! He is faithful! He is bigger than any situation and He loves you and your family dearly. Standing with you in prayer, Lee

19. Jaime Bell August 25, 2015 / 3:00 am

God bless you

20. hicamie August 25, 2015 / 4:34 am

My prayers are with you as well. May God bless you and your family in all that you do and wherever you live.

21. racergirl10 August 25, 2015 / 6:04 am

Prayers sent for peace, protection and guidance.

22. albanyaloe August 25, 2015 / 6:44 am

Praying for you and yours from South Africa. May the Lord continue to bless the works of your hands as you reach out to others in the work you do, wherever you are, pilgrims on earth. I pray that you will settle into a home to call your own soon. We, in our sheltered lives, cannot imagine what you are going through, but He knows and cares.. And thank you for all you have done for us homeschool families across the world.

23. priscytomanek August 25, 2015 / 7:53 am

I have great joy that God is doing a wonderful work in you and your family. I pray that peace go with you to the place you are to be in with your family. That peace will surpass all that may come before you. It will guide you and bring you always into God’s perfect will for your lives. May you richly be blessed in the things that most matter, eternity!

24. Patricia Varga August 25, 2015 / 12:50 pm

Bless you and your husband for your faithful service. I am in Budapest serving orphan children for 23 years. I have been homeschooling the only way we are able here as my son has dual citizenship and that is with the Hungarian curriculum. We are going into the seventh grade this year. We will finish the eighth in Hungarian and then if theLord wills continue High School in English. Although I speak fluently, it has been a great challenge in which God has proven faithful. My son is ADHD and he has mainraibed good grades this way! Thank you so much for making a way for others! I do believe He will water you as you and your hysband have watered the lives of others!

25. Leonor Ramirez August 25, 2015 / 2:00 pm

Have not cease praying for you in your family since yesterday when I saw the email! God will provide a way! Your labor of love with EP has been a tremendous blessing for me to be able to homeschooled! May God walk your family through this uncertainty time with abundante grace and favor for His name sake! In my heart and prayers!

In His care

Ramirez Family

26. mistie August 25, 2015 / 2:53 pm

praying for you and your family- God will provide a way for you all to be where he needs you! Praying He gives you the strength for the upcoming moves!

27. KATHY August 25, 2015 / 4:07 pm

Sending prayers.

28. Toria August 25, 2015 / 5:47 pm

God give them knowledge, wisdom and understanding of the next season in their lives. Allow the Holy Spirit to direct them in the path in which they should go. Allow the angels to watch over and protect them while in this transition. Keep them safe from harm, danger and all evil. In Jesus name we pray……Amen

29. michelle myers August 25, 2015 / 6:23 pm

Praying for your situation . God has a plan for your family, He will lead you where you need to be in order to recieve his blessings, Keep your faith and your beliefs. He is protecting you bu haveing you move around, follow his voice

30. Heather Tearman August 25, 2015 / 6:47 pm

Certainly will be praying for your family. I am sure your sacrifices are having a great impact for the gospel.

31. Priscilla Williams August 25, 2015 / 9:07 pm

God’s Will will always be done. Praying for His Peace, Understanding and Protection as you all make this transition. In His Love, The Williams Family.

32. Julius August 25, 2015 / 9:20 pm

Let the all migty God be upon you & your family amen.

33. Judy August 25, 2015 / 11:23 pm

Prayers are going up as I write! May the Lord continue to guide and protect your family!

34. Amber Reece August 25, 2015 / 11:49 pm

Hi my name is LoisReece I am Amber’s mom and I will be praying for you and for God’s will to be done for you and your lives, I know the Lord has a plan for you you have not seen it yet. If you feel you need to move where you have been before that is the Lord’s plan for you, to be safe. As the angel came to Joseph in a dream when Mary had Jesus to leave the place that they lived and go to another place they went by night and they were safe.

35. Tanya August 26, 2015 / 8:16 am

Wow! Challenging times. But God is faithful. So glad that he sorts out the steps as we follow his leading. We have just begun using this curriculum as we prepare our children to return to the US after living in Israel for 4 years. I was a second grade teacher at an international school in Jerusalem, of all things, and our children were in an Israeli school in which they speak Hebrew. We knew that the wise choice was to homeschool them, particularly through this transitional time back to the US. Living and ministering here has been precious. I was so encouraged to see that you live, work and minister overseas as well.

My children are really enjoying this curriculum, and I wanted to let you know. Our mornings are busy and productive as they learn. One of the greatest features is that they are forced to pay close attention and read the instructions thoroughly. Developing this skill is paramount. They have done a bit of extra work a few times because they didn’t pay close attention. I find that this experience is one of the greatest teachers. 🙂 Do that a few times and you will be sure to be thorough!

I’m excited to follow your journey and see where the Lord takes you. I have a German friends who homeschools her children in the US (her husband’s job relocated him to the US). She told me how difficult it is to homeschool in Germany. I pray for God’s will to be done in your lives and that he will make it clear.

Blessings,
    Tanya

36. Destiny Ingram August 26, 2015 / 9:10 am

Praying for you dear sister! We are in Southern Germany, but our SOFA allows us the homeschool. However, the missionary families we have here have had the same dilemma. I hope God reveals his purpose for you all in this soon! Thank you for sharing this resource with the world and for loving the Lord!

37. Ginger Bennett August 26, 2015 / 5:01 pm

Wow! What a transition….I cannot begin to imagine! Praying for you to land softly wherever God takes you

38. annamarieasha August 26, 2015 / 5:47 pm

My family’s prayers are certainly with yours. I am so grateful to you for this curriculum that you have become a regular household name around here. I sure hope that things work out for you and your family and that you stay safe!

39. jill August 26, 2015 / 6:38 pm

I will be praying for you an your family! Being a military family, I have an idea about the moving around and new cultures, new rules and laws, not having a home home and living out of suitcases for months! It can be rough! I will be praying for God’s will to come to pass without a ton of friction!! I will also be praying that you will feel settled with a peaceful sense of home while you wait.

40. Natalie August 27, 2015 / 10:42 am

Sorry to hear you are going through so much transition. Me and my husband are in ministry in the states and transition and waiting on the Lord is always challenging. I know that God will direct you to the best place He needs you and where you can be the most influential. Praying for you and your family. Blessings to you!

41. Jan Nieves August 27, 2015 / 1:57 pm

What a storm you are enduring, and yet with Christ all things are possible. He always finds a message in our mess! Not only have you impacted the lives where you have lived but worldwide through this creation of yours as well. I will be praying for you and your family Lee. Remember, Grace abounds in deepest waters. I am excited to see what God has planned for you and your family, because based on the trials you are going through, IT IS GOING TO BE BIG!!! Keep looking upward! Love coming your way from West Virginia!

42. Beki Nobles August 27, 2015 / 6:49 pm

Our family is praying for peace, safety and settlement. Thank you for all you do to help my family with homeschooling.

In Christ,

Beki Nobles

43. Kyla Webb August 27, 2015 / 9:02 pm

Hi this is Kyla again and I just wanted to let you know that you did a great job setting up all these programs for allot of families and especially my family me and my mom really need this program, by the way it is better than public schools, trust me I have been in a public school before and it is not all that fun or great, so keep up your good work and you’ll be better than public schools in no time! Just giving you a life update.

44. Ashley August 28, 2015 / 4:29 am

Hi Lee.. Praying for you and your family. We just moved to Germany. Spangdahlem is where we are stationed for 3 years. Thankfully because of the status of forces agreement we are still allowed to homeschool. Thank you for your wonderful website. It is a blessing to us. The McCormick’s

45. Tosca Cerva Kuhne August 29, 2015 / 7:06 am

Thank you for sharing that. What a blessing you are to so many people.
    God is faithful and we pray that the peace of Yahweh will rest on your lives at this difficult time.
    We also pray for strength and wisdom, discernment and His grace over your family.
    We pray Shalom and every thing that that word means for you,
    with much love and appreciation,
    Paul, Toscah, and Jody

46. Waynel August 29, 2015 / 11:02 pm

Dear Lee, we as a family have put your family on our prayer list and will be praying daily for you folks. Interesting that you are in Macedonia – haven’t we all had such a love for them especially after Paul saw his vision. Bless your hearts as you seek to please the Lord.

We have friends in Cappadocia. U might know them. They have nine kids. The eldest came to the U.S. for college lately. And our pastor is in Bangladesh this week discipling pastors there.

We are about to begin our year with Easy Peasy and are so thankful for it. We did a little last year starting in the middle of the year. We are grandparents raising four of my daughters kids: 13 and a little special, 11, 4 and 3.

Blessings over your heads Rich and Waynel Walker

Sent from my iPhone

47. Carol Moon August 30, 2015 / 8:21 pm

I am sitting here, about to look over your curriculum, and then I saw this post. Now my heart and eyes are all mixed up in a puddle. May the Father fill you with the deepest joy and surround you with peace that is so profound it goes beyond reason. In the midst of so much chaos, may you see beauty, may you know the reality of His presence, and may you have a little fun along the way. (We were gifted with fun and laughter during my dad’s cancer journey, so I know this is possible, even though it sounds crazy. Ha!) Lifting you UP!!! -From a sister-in-Ch**s* in South Carolina

48. Mary August 31, 2015 / 2:11 am

Wow, God bless you in all your journeys. I am so glad that you are out of Turkey! I know that the very safest place is in the center of God’s will. But, reall, ISIS is terrifying. Thank you for all of your hard work. I’m so thankful for this website. My husband has recently been called to preach. I have no idea what God is going to do or where He will send us, but I have a lot of peace that at least I won’t have to worry about packing up loads of curriculum! 😀

49. Kim August 31, 2015 / 10:21 am

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

God Bless your sweet family as you seek His will for the next period of your lives. He is faithful! Lifting you all up in prayer.

50. Noni-Ayanna Roach August 31, 2015 / 11:46 am

I will definitely keep you and your family in prayer 🙂